Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas and New Year

Good Evening friends,
I hope that you have all had a wonderful Christmas. I already see from various blogs that I have read that you all seemed to have had !!   I am glad that Mary and I were able to get up to Sarah's. It had been doubtful right up to Christmas Eve as the snow and ice had prevented us from getting anywhere. Thankfully the slope down to the main road here was cleared mostly by Peter and a few other neighbours and up at Sarah's it was the same. Max and Beth had cleared all  the ice from the driveway so that I could park so all was well.  It was a very very cold day the temp was -11 in the early morning and never rose above-6 all day. However at Sarah's all was lovely and warm and cosy. Beth did the most wonderful Christmas lunch with all the many trimmings, her Dad would have been so proud of ...we all were...Sarah coped really well and even manged a good meal.  we did not stay too long as we wanted back down before the big freeze came down again but the time spent with Sarah, Beth, Max..who was also great doing all the washing up etc...Margaret and Mitch and of course Mary was so very happy.  How thankful I am to have such a loving family.
So now we are only two days from 2011... On Saturday the 1st. I always have Margaret and Mitch to me for the first meal of the year...a Scottish tradition of making a huge steak pie will be on the menu !! with the usual trimmings.  I haven't yet decided on the starter but I have tomorrow to think something up...
Until next year I will leave this New Year greeting to you all...





Happy new year to friends, family. Thank you for your kind comments, delightful emails of support and friendship, and your continued visits throughout 2010. I am hoping for peace, Love, Health and happiness in 2011 for everyone. At times this last year has been tough, but with the kindness of  regular and loyal friends, getting through the year has been tolerable. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for being you.And throughout 2011 alwasy remember to
                         LOVE ONE ANOTHER.





God Bless you all, and a very Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you also had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Years to you! Love hearing from you and reading your blog, our blogging friends are great. Your header picture is quite interesting. Sounds like a Scottish New Years meal of steak pie will be very good! How do you make that? love Jo in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad you were able to get out for Christmas. Sounds as though you had a wonderful holiday, although a cold one.
    And yes...you are right...
    Love One Another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that the weather allowed you to travel to be with your dear family for Christmas. What a blessing it is to have loving family around you.
    I wish that I could be there to have some of your meat pie. I bet it is delicious. I don't know what we are going to have yet. I am cooking a big pot of bean soup today using our left over Christmas ham bone. It smells so good cooking but I don't think it is suitable for New Years dinner...haha
    I am at my oldest daughter's home in Utah. There was a nasty blizzard yesterday so we had to stay in. We tried to go out to do a little shopping but gave up after a few blocks because we were sliding all over the road and it was snowing so hard we couldn't see in front of us. It is clear today but freezing cold. However, this California girl may get brave enough to venture out. After Christmas sales are calling me.

    Have a great New Year. I think of you often with love. Hugs, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the Happiest of New Years too!
    Lots of Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm Steak Pie, I love being at my mum in law's for New Year she does a great steak pie, alas we are staying home this year. I hope you enjoy your New Year's Day meal and ahve a very happy and health New Year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Sybil. Hope you find much joy and happiness and good health in the year to come. I like to think, that no matter how bad it gets, there is always some hidden blessing. Your steak pie sounds like a lovely tradition! Love and hugs to you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your friendship, kindness and being you, too! No steak pie on the menu tonight -- dinner with friends -- but now I'm thinking of steak. Every wish to you and your family for health, happiness and all that is lovely in the new year. Love and lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sybil! Happy New Year to you and yours! The weather you are speaking of must be raw there. I was thinking our 37 was cold. Negative 11? I know you must look forward to warmer temps for your 2011 outlook? I on the other hand kind of enjoy the cold and hibernation period. But when spring gets here I'll be all set for it I'm sure. Hope you have a wonderful 2011 Sybil and I thank you for visiting my blog. I feel bad I don't visit often. I love reading blogs and have to have days off like I have now to fit all of them in. I have at least 100 of you that I love to keep up with and can't do very well at it. lol Especially when you throw in Facebook. Do you have Facebook yet? Love you all and wish you the best year yet.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year my friend....I am so sorry I have not been by in a while. I thought of you Christmas Eve wondering if you were able to get out with the bad weather. Glad to read that you did and had a lovely time.
    My Christmas was nice too. Did not get to spend too much time away with my kids and grandbabies but I enjoyed the time I did.
    Life is crazy right now with Gary so sick but I promise to slow down and catch up with you soon.
    Always love coming by here to see you.
    Happy New Year
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sybil - I am so happy to read that you had a wonderful holiday with Sarah and your loved ones. My goodness, the weather has been cold where you are. Whew! Is it still so severe in temperatures? Are those Celsius or Farenheit numbers?

    How is everyone this weeK?

    Do you celebrate Twelth Night? Or January 6th?

    Have a great day and let me know how you are doing. Love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again dear,
    Just dropping back by to say hello and let you know I am thinking of you. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete