Thursday 26 November 2009

Baseball, thanksgiving, flowers,

Good evening Friends,
I do hope that you are all sitting back tonight having had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. If you have had family and friends visit I hope that they have all enjoyed the hard work you have put into making them welcome and feeding them well....
Isn't it funny how an innocent conversation can lead one in all sorts of directions. My friend Beth over at Nutwood Junction often writes about baseball matches she has or is watching and I have not a clue what she is writing about and so I thought I would ask a few friends over here if they could explain the game to me, with not much luck I can tell you....I looked in google but didn't get far there either untill today when quite out the blue on a website I came across the rules....goody goody I thought then I read, and reread, and reread, and have decided that I should put it on here as I think perhpas I will stop now before I go any futher !!! Sorry Beth !! enjoy the game x


A Simple Explanation of Baseball
This is a game played by two teams, one out the other in. The one that's in, sends players out one at a time, to see if they can get in before they get out. If they get out before they get in, they come in, but it doesn't count. If they get in before they get out it does count. When the ones out get three outs from the ones in before they get in without being out, the team that's out comes in and the team in goes out to get those going in out before they get in without being out. When both teams have been in and out nine times the game is over. The team with the most in without being out before coming in wins unless the ones in are equal. In which case, the last ones in go out to get the ones in out before they get in without being out. The game will end when each team has the same number of ins out but one team has more in without being out before coming in.

Today Mary was out at one of the clubs she belongs to and the theme of the meeting was Flower Arranging and at the end of the meeting the arrangments were given out as raffle prizes...Yes, she won one of them and has brought it down to me, it is very lovely done in a narrow necked carafe with holder on top in the oasis is the arrangment of small yellow daisy like flowers, some lovely bright orange chinese lanterns all filled in with variagated greenery...This being Thursday my sister was also over and had brought me some lovely white carnations so I am sitting here surrounded by lovely flowers....I feel very lucky...
We are still having heavy rain showers and even stronger winds, indeed gales is the better word. I am still hoping to go out and do some shopping if it gets a bit better tomorrow...fingers crossed.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER...

6 comments:

  1. It's just been dark and gloomy here...Middle of the afternoon and you'd think it was evening already. I've been busy putting away all my decorations I had around the house for Thanksgiving and trying to find my Christmas stuff. I love to decorate but if it's not done today it won't be done as I have so much to do in such a short time. The holiday get together is at one of my son's houses so I really don't need to do much here. How wonderful to be surrounded by flowers! You are blessed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sybs NO we are not getting a team up loved the picture of my favorite boy.will see the lovely flowers on my weekly visit
    love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your weather clears up soon. I will leave it to Beth to explain the difference between American baseball and football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sybil, isn't the rain and wind getting tiresome!!! I feel the same! Baseball . . . similar to cricket, in some ways, but totally different in many others! Thanks so much for all the lovely little mails you send me. I enjoy each of them so very much. They always give me pause for thought and smiles! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sybil...yes, what I write about most often is American football! Dan writes a lot about baseball, but my game is either football or basketball. And yes, baseball seems a little odd and convoluted, doesn't it? :)

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have trouble understanding football (US style), but baseball is clear as can be to me. Baseball is my favorite and I blog about it a lot. The season is over for now -- ended at the beginning of November -- but baseball fans are thinking ahead to our teams prospects for next year.

    ReplyDelete